The 2018 NMSA Annual Conference Recap
The Wide Array of Naturopathic Practice
The 2018 NMSA Annual Conference in San Diego was a huge hit with our largest student attendance yet! We are excited to share the conference resources & lecture slides with all NMSA members. You can access speaker presentations below and download them into your clinic notebooks!
Some major highlights of the conference included the Natural Leader Awards and the NMSA Cup Championship, where teams from all nine of the North American naturopathy schools competed head-to-head for the coveted Cup Trophy.
This year we enjoyed our first student social hosted at the conference, thanks to NCMIC. Over 50 students showed up in North Park for a kombucha-&-cocktail mixer with some fantastic food. NCMIC also funded two Public Policy Fellowships in 2018. Both of the recipients were in attendance and got to share their passion projects with peers from all schools.
Our first Fireside Chat was a huge success with Drs. Tyna Moore, Holly Lucille, and Chen Yen joining forces with NMSA Executive Director Stephanie Fogelson to present their pearls on practice-building, tried-and-true methods of securing your name and building your business acumen. Students walked away with free copies of Dr. Yen’s book on practice-building and some very inspiring stories from powerhouse practitioners. Dr. Moore is offering NMSA members a free webinar in early August. See below for more details!
Dr. Mark Gignac – Naturopathic Oncology
Dr. Heather Zwickey, PhD – Integrative Medicine and Parkinson’s Desease
Dr. Meghan Walker, ND – Alternatives to the Standard Clinical Practice
Dr. Nasha Winters, ND – Integrative Oncology/Metabolic Health
Dr. Gauree Konijeti, MD – Autoimmune Protocol Diet for IBD
Dr. Amy Rothenberg – Involvement with the INM & Best Business Practices
Dr. Louise Edwards ND – Topic: TBD
Dr. Josh Corn, ND, MS – Research, Schools, Residencies, Men’s Health
Dr. David Riley, MD – Case reporting for Naturopathic Doctors
Dr. Rubman & Dr. Gordon – Psychoneurointracrine
Dr. David Kennet – Spiritual Sound Healer
Dr. Anya Chang, ND – ND’s in CTCA
Dr. Paul Anderson, ND – Topic: TBD
What is unique to the NMSA conference?
- Exciting speakers from a variety of medical backgrounds
- Free social events exclusively for NMSA Conference registrants
- Community building exercise activities – Meditation, yoga and tai chi with your friends and colleagues
- Vendor Passport designed to introduce students to new practice resources, interactive opportunities for raffle prizes, and special student discounts
- Access to the AANP Conference and speakers
- Coordinated networking with practicing medical professionals
- Learn how naturopathic medical students just like you are making a difference in their communities throughout North America
2017 Conference Highlights