EMPOWERMENT · COMMUNITY · IMPACT · INTEGRITY
NMSA is a unified, sustainable, ethical and professional voice for naturopathic medical students across North America. NMSA advocates for naturopathic physicians-in-training, and inspires educational and community building initiatives that prepare naturopathic medical students with tools, experiences and connections necessary to become successful physicians. We serve to create opportunity, support, and represent the diversity of naturopathic medical students.
How NMSA makes a difference:
- Through student engagement in national, state and provincial advocacy efforts in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Building relationships with the greater healthcare community
- Representing the student voice at professional and educational planning tables
- Providing grants and scholarships to facilitate student participation in legislative, medical professional, and educational events
- Hosting events such as the NMSA Cup, NMSA Conference, and Naturopathic Medicine Week Challenge
- Building a strong community that supports naturopathic medical student success
- The NMSA is where naturopathic medical students come together to network and gain valuable experience to enhance their medical education. The NMSA provides a platform for student leaders to incite change.
NMSA’s targeted project areas include:
Graduate Medical Education & Residency
These project areas are currently being established as fully funded experiential fellowships for naturopathic doctors-in-training from accredited intuitions. Each set of fellowships offered differs from year to year. The NMSA additionally offers an array of skill-based internships to help students develop their skill set while in the educational setting.
Why is it important?
The role of the naturopathic physician is evolving with a rapidly changing healthcare system. The work that members do through the NMSA guides the evolution of our profession and healthcare at large. NMSA helps to shape the future of naturopathic medicine by giving students a voice in professional planning and advocacy, and through providing students with important leadership, education, and networking opportunities.
Student leadership development empowers medical students to take action and create change about issues that they care about. The presence of visionary medical students has impacted the development of the naturopathic medical profession since its emergence. The naturopathic medical student leaders of today become the professional leaders of tomorrow.
Empowering ND students by providing a student advocacy organization run by students, for students. The naturopathic medical student leaders of today become the professional leaders of tomorrow.
Building a strong student community that supports naturopathic medical student success and provides preparation to become excellent naturopathic physicians.
Ensuring that what we do and what we work on as a team of student leaders makes a positive difference in our, and our colleagues’, present and future work as naturopathic physicians while providing a platform for training in how to bring together the entire naturopathic medical community together.
Acting honestly, humbly, and holistically to realize our chief goals while properly representing the students we serve.