Hello friends and family, my name is Mathew Richards, and I am enjoying working as an intern at the Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic while in my 4th and final year at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine.
Born and raised in Utah, USA, I knew little about Naturopathic Medicine as a youth. I received my bachelor’s degree in Human Nutrition from Southern Utah University, and have worked as a Medical Assistant for a family doctor for about 6 years. I was guided to find Naturopathic Medicine while praying and meditating about my career and future goals in health and medicine. I have been amazed at what I have learned about the healing power of nature and how to support the body’s own healing mechanisms. I am grateful for the opportunities that present themselves in my life to my personal growth and development, difficult as many of them may be. I believe we have these experiences so we are better enabled to help others in their needs and concerns, and have found great joy in doing so.
My themes for a healthy life:
- Nutrition and eating habits ought to be health-promoting, sustainable, and enjoyable
- It’s not just about living longer; it’s about thriving longer
- Physical activity isn’t about exercise; it’s about movement. The body is designed to move, and we each have a unique pattern of motion
- A healthy spirit is key to a truly healthy body. They need to work together for our overall well-being
- The following 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Never sin against yourself
- Don’t take anything personally
- Don’t make any assumptions
- Always do your best, but remember that your best will change day by day